Tabourie Child Care Centre
Quality Education and Care
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world". Nelson Mandela
Tabourie Childcare Centre Philosphy
*We value, and place a high importance on the relationships built on trust and respect which develop between children, families, staff and the broader community.
*We believe that all children have a right to high quality Early Childhood learning that is inclusive of their individuality and family culture and lays a foundation for their future.
*We acknowledge and pay respect to the traditional owners of the land on which we meet –It is upon their ancestral lands that Tabourie Child Care Centre is built.
*As we share our own knowledge, teaching, learning, and research practices within the Centre may we also pay respect to the knowledge embedded forever within the Aboriginal Custodianship of Country.
*Our environment nurtures empathy, kindness and understanding. This in turn promotes a positive sense of self.
In relation to children:
* Providing opportunity, time and space for children to explore and extend their learning.
* Encouraging children to respect each other, educators and environmentIn relation to families:We acknowledge families and carers roles in their children’s lives.
* We aim to facilitate an active, supportive and collaborative partnership with them.
* We welcome involvement, feedback and participation in all aspects of the service, acknowledging individual families right to choose their level of involvement.
In relation to the team:
* Educators will be encouraged and supported to engage in on-going personal and professional development.Educators are respected and valued for the variety of skills and talents they bring to their role.
* Educators promote positive role modelling through their daily interactions.
* Educators will reinforce in their daily practices the principles laid out in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. (EYLF, pg 5)* Educators will encompass and reflect the EYLF and bring theories into practice.
In relation to the community:
* We acknowledge the many different villages within our broader community who are connected to the service, paying respect to location and lifestyles.
* We aim to provide a link between the service and community resources.In relation to program and the environment:“Play is a context for learning”.
* We aim to facilitate learning through a program that encompasses the Early Years Learning Framework.Our curriculum respects and supports the uniqueness of all individuals.
* Our part in the global community is to share the responsibility of caring for the environment working towards a positive, sustainable future.
Yellow Room (3-5) Philosophy
Short Term Outcomes
* To facilitate/enable a smooth transition for all new children to the Yellow Room and the Centre community.
* To promote and encourage a sense of belonging and relationship development within individual small groups and the Yellow Room community.
Long Term Outcomes
*To foster and support each child’s engagement in learning through planned and spontaneous experiences as well as with the daily routine.
* To develop an understanding and sense of belonging to a centre community and a sense of being part of a wider global community.
* To reflect upon, evaluate and implement the Centre’s Quality Improvement Plan to ensure the Centre is identifying, initiating and evaluating quality improvements.
Orange Room (0-3) Philosophy
Short Term Outcomes
* To settle children into care.
* To develop a relationship with the children and families.
* For the children to become familiar with our daily routines.
* To provide a safe environment where children can be, belong and become.
Long Term Outcomes
* To identify the children’s individual needs/interests and program accordingly whilst encompassing the Principles, Practices and Outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework.
* For children to feel confident and comfortable in their environment to enable them to establish relationships with carers and their peers.
*To acknowledge, encourage and incorporate our families cultural diversity and values and reflect these into our daily routines and program. *To have established comfortable, bonding relationships with parents and families.